Subject: Re: what uses "PKGNAME_REQD"?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/24/2003 08:09:07
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2002/01/15/0016.html says:
> if a sub-make is invoked to install a prerequisite pkg, pass it the
> required pkg name (as PKGNAME_REQD)
>
> As far as I can see PKGNAME_REQD is only used one time in pkgsrc.
>
> What uses PKGNAME_REQD?

M. Drochner told me that it is used for Python extensions so the sub-make
knows what version is needed, like pyxml for Python-2.1 gets
py21-xml-X.Y, the same for a thread-enabled Python-2.2 is
py22pth-xml-X.Y.

Now to figure out why its not being escaped. I want my +SIZE_* files to be
real and I don't want scattered files like textproc/aspell/=0.50.3nb2
(created during sylpheed-claws build), x11/gtk/=0.22.0nb1 (created during
sylpheed-claws build), net/ORBit/=0.5.15nb5 (created during
MozillaFirebird build), and many others around. This is on multiple
systems. And another person replied saying they have files like this under
NetBSD-current too.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/