Subject: Re: tar --fast-read and pkg_install
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2003 15:11:12
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, grant beattie wrote:

> I've fixed pkgtools/pkg_install to use the right tools, let me know if
> it now works for you.

Sorry, I forgot to reply.

# /usr/sbin/pkg_add /root/packages/lilo-22.5.tgz
/usr/bin/tar: unrecognized option `--fast-read'
Try `/usr/bin/tar --help' for more information.
pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file `+CONTENTS' - not a package?

(I am surprised too that pkg_add continued after tar failure.)

I send-pr'd this as pkg/23218.

(Also, in my case, gcpio, pax, and gtar-base packages have
conflicting/overwriting files. Maybe pax should install pcpio and ptar.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/