Subject: Re: recursive "make package"
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Louis Guillaume <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2003 01:03:02
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>>It would be nice to have a "make package-recursive" that didn't care
>>about whether the dependencies or the package itself were installed or not.
> Do you have an example of what you mean?
> I want to have it to automatically create the package (maybe using
> pkg_tarup with tarup target) if it was previously installed. And do this
> recursively. (Maybe this is what you mean.)

That appears to be what I mean. A good example is windowmaker, which is
already installed on the system...

# pkg_info -N windowmaker
Information for windowmaker-0.80.2nb2:

Built using:

... tiff is installed but the package not tarred-up either...

# ls /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/tiff*
ls: /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/tiff*: No such file or directory

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/wm/windowmaker
# make package
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in windowmaker-0.80.2nb2
===> Packaging windowmaker-0.80.2nb2
===> Building binary package for windowmaker-0.80.2nb2
Creating package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/windowmaker-0.80.2nb2.tgz
Using SrcDir value of /usr/X11R6
Registering depends: Hermes>=1.3.2 jpeg-6b libungif>=4.1.0 png>=1.2.4

# ls /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/tiff*
ls: /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/tiff*: No such file or directory

...still not there! I want that "make package" in the windowmaker
directory will build packages for each of: windowmaker, Hermes, jpeg,
libungif, png and tiff (and all of THEIR dependencies, recursively).