Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf-gnome problem
To: None <Knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2003 03:36:30
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 08:02:13PM +0200, Knappe@tu-harburg.de wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> According to the +REQUIRED_BY from gettext-lib no
> installed packages depended on it.

Not unexpectedly. After all, you're trying to fix
a problem where a package picks up something it shouldn't....

> > grep for '-liconv' in /usr/pkg/lib/lib*la
>
> There are alot of them (38).
> How should I rebuid them?
> make reinstall
> oder make update

Either should be ok if you had current versions of the packages.
If they are older than what's in pkgsrc, I recommend 'make update'.

> > and identify the corresponding packages via 'pkg_info -Fe filename'.
>
> trinity# pkg_info -Fe libIDL-2.la
> pkg_info: No matching pkg for libIDL-2.la.

Use the complete path -- how should it guess? :)
# pkg_info -Fe /usr/pkg/lib/libIDL-2.la
libIDL-0.8.0nb2

 Thomas