Subject: Re: Trying pkgsrc on Solaris 8/sparc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.okt.drei@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/15/2003 01:08:34
Dima Veselov wrote:

> I checked other Solaris boxes and they all really have these magic words, so
> I think we should write to Lupe Christoph, or someone else to add
> "Solaris Link Editors" as another magic phrase.
>
> Thinking about difference between this Solaris box and other Solaris systems
> I decided it happens because my Solaris is 64-bit. What do you think about it?

The problem is not Solaris running in 64-bit mode. After looking at
several machines I think the reason is the applied patch set on your
machine.

/usr/ccs/bin/ld belongs to package SUNWtoo and several patches affect
this package on the machines I looked at.

Every ld I found contained the string "Software Generation Utilities"
(even old ones on Solaris 2.6) except for version 5.8-1.272. The PSTAMP
field of package SUNWtoo had the value "on28-patch20011213220844" and I
guess that this is the package version/revision of SUNWtoo on your machines
as well.

ciao
     Klaus