Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/print/teTeX-bin
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Winship <danw@alum.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2003 11:30:33
>> Backout last change because it breaks this "Makefile" on at least NetBSD
>> due to an invalid string comparison.
>
> FWIW, a similar string comparison is done in mk/defs.Darwin.mk
>
> .if ${OS_VERSION} >= 6.0
> _OPSYS_HAS_INET6=       yes     # IPv6 is standard
> .else
> _OPSYS_HAS_INET6=       no      # IPv6 is not standard
> .endif
>
> That should be done differently, I reckon.

Yeah, that's where I copied it from. :-) It works on Darwin because so far
OS_VERSION has always been something like "5.2" or "6.8". But if it's
"1.6.1" instead, make gets annoyed because that's a string, not a number
(since it has two decimal points).

But changing it there would probably still be good in case Apple starts
using weirder version numbers in the future.

-- Dan