Subject: Re: Problems building kde3 (1.6ZC on i386) (fwd)
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Dave Tyson <Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2003 11:35:55
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:22 am, Mark Davies wrote:
>> 	From:  Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
>> 	Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:04:07 +0930
>>
>> > I encountered this problem too which seems to be related to system that
>> > have gcc-3.x compiler installed.
>>
>> I have the gcc-3.x compiler installed.  My current is post the gcc
>> switchover. Could those people having the problems please confirm that they
>> have _no_ old header files under the /usr/include/g++ tree.  When I first
>> upgraded I still had some leftovers in there and did get some build
>> problems - cleaning them out fixed the problems.
>>
>> cheers
>> mark
>

>Just backup and delete the entire /usr/include/g++ filesystem before
>installing netbsd-current when updating from an older system with gcc-2.95.
>
>cheerio Berndt

It looks like this is the answer - I thought I had reinstalled from
a releng snapshot from scratch - but I guess I must have chosen to
upgrade in place so all the old gcc tat was still there. I have blown
away all the tat and am rebuilding from scratch.

Sorry for the noise on the list :-)

Dave
Computing Services Dept         Phone/Fax: 0151-794-3731/3759
The University of Liverpool     Email: dtyson@liv.ac.uk
Chadwick Tower, Peach Street    WWW:   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~dtyson
Liverpool L69 7ZF               Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org