Subject: Re: Problems building kde3 (1.6ZC on i386) (fwd)
To: Heron Gallegos <>
From: Dave Tyson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2003 19:49:16
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Heron Gallegos wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Dave Tyson wrote:
>> Scratch the last message about changing <iostream> to <iostream.h>
>> If you leave the definition of <iostream> alone and just add a
>> 'using namespace std;'  It compiles and links OK.
>> Off to look for the next showstopper :-)
>It seems kdeadmin was compiled right.
>Now the problem is pkgsrc/misc/kdeedu3
>line 67
>line 112, also there is not 'using namespace std;'
>line 129, and this include is before the line 'using namespace std;'
>(I dont know if this is a problem)
>line 62
>line 74

I have managed to get all these fixed and when I left work I was
compiling kdegames. I'll try and get it compiled all the way through
and I'll post patches for the files I had to change. It's mainly
removing the .h from some include headers and adding the odd 'using
namespace std;'

Computing Services Dept         Phone/Fax: 0151-794-3731/3759
The University of Liverpool     Email:
Chadwick Tower, Peach Street    WWW:
Liverpool L69 7ZF               Open Source O/S: