Subject: Re: iconv/gettext trouble, more data
To: James Chacon <>
From: Greg Troxel <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/2003 19:10:09
  Does libart2 list dependencies on gettext and iconv? It's buildlink2
  should be pulling those in at a minimum.

No, and as far as I can tell it does not actually need them.

On another machine, has -lintl, but not -liconv.
This machine does not have gnu gettext installed.

I just found pkg/22854, although that mostly makes me believe I'm not
the only one.

I suspect this has something to do with using gnu gettext from pkgsrc
rather than the in-tree gettext.  I rebuilt bash, which let me
pkg_delete gettext-lib, and now I'll try to rebuild all the packages
that have iconv in their .la.

        Greg Troxel <>