Subject: iconv/gettext trouble, more data
To: None <>
From: Greg Troxel <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/2003 17:25:08
I continue to have mysterious iconv trouble, where gdk-pixbuf-gnome is
trying to link with iconv that isn't in the buildlink tree.

I found that libart_lgpl (in graphics/libart2) has a .la file in the
work dir which looks fine:

dependency_libs='-L/n0/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/graphics/libart2/work/.buildlink/lib -L/n0/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/graphics/libart2/work/.buildlink-x11/lib -lm'

When it gets installed it sprouts -lz, extra -lm, gettext and iconv:

dependency_libs=' -L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lm -lz -lm /usr/pkg/lib/ -liconv -lc'

When linking gdk-pixbuf-gnome, this loses because libtool pulls them
in and they aren't buildlinked.

I hand-edited the libart la file in /usr/X11R6/lib.  I was still not able
to build gdk-pixbuf-gnome, but now I only have these files that have
iconv in the .la in the buildlink lib dir:

Any clues would be appreciated.