Subject: openoffice fails to build from pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Anne Robinson <cheyan@bresnan.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2003 18:45:31
Hi, I've been having problems with installing openoffice from pkgsrc.
I'm currently running NetBSD 1.6U, which I last updated on July 22nd 2003,
but pkgsrc was updated today (October 7th).
When I try to make install, everything seems to work until:

===> Required installed package gmake>=3.78: gmake-3.80nb2 found
The following variables will affect the build process of this package,
openoffice-0.0.0.641nb2.  Their current value is shown below:

        * PKG_JAVA_HOME = /usr/pkg/java/sun-1.3.1
        * PKG_JVM = sun-jdk13

You may want to abort the process now with CTRL+C and change their value
before continuing.  Be sure to run
ake clean' after the changes.
bzcat: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/misc/openoffice
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/misc/openoffice
#

Is this a known problem, and if so, what should I do to get around it?

I'm not subscribed to the list, so anyone replying should cc the message to
me. Thanks!
--
/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign          Anne Robinson