Subject: lorder -- is it needed?
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2003 17:20:37
I read that "the ordering of objects in an archive became irrelevant
because all object archives have an ar-generated table of externals making
ordering of the objects in the archive irrelevant." and "... lorder is now

Anyways, I have been building fressh on a few Linux systems the past few
weeks. It uses lorder. It doesn't call lorder directly, but it uses
.include <>.

I have been using an old script from OpenBSD.

Now, I packaged up lorder (based on NetBSD's and lorder.1).

I am just wondering if this lorder is a waste or needed.

Any comments?

   Jeremy C. Reed

[1] <aoum6j$12l8u7$> to comp.sys.sgi.bugs