Subject: Re: MySQL will be updated
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2003 19:33:17
Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> I've been playing with MySQL today and if nothing special
> appears I'll update mysql-client and mysql-server to 3.23.58
> tomorrow morning (European time). Basically I'm taking the
> same version as what we have in pkgsrc-wip.

Thanks. Finally we'd have really up-to-date 3.23.x package :)
Hopefully PTH will be just as good as the formerly bundled
mit-pthreads for NetBSD 1.6.x users.

BTW, it would be nice to bring over the mysql 4.x client&server
packages too. The pkgsrc-wip MySQL 4.x packages seem to be
in good enough shape to be in main tree, no reason to keep
them in pkgsrc-wip.

Jaromir