Subject: Re: pkgsrc as non-root?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Pierre Bourgin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2003 14:02:16

it's sounds terrific ;-)

For now, in order to build packages under Solaris, I was used a chrooted
environment to build them safely, avoiding to pollute the real
filesystem at all.

(see for a
scripted chroot env under solaris).

So the packages built by your method, are they usable to be installed in
the regular way, I mean by root in PKG_DBDIR=/var/db/pkg and
LOCALBASE=/usr/pkg or are they only usable by the user used to build them ?

Pierre Bourgin