Subject: Re: is lsof broken for anyone else?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+tech-pkg@bjan.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2003 14:19:25
On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:30:08AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:20:35PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> > > Or is it no longer used? It looks like there's a process struct error.
> >
> > It's broke for me too (a previously compiled lsof dies horribly when I
> > try to run it with ZC). lsof is an inveterate kernel groveller: random
> > breakage must be expected when you try to use it on -current. Just hang
> > on until someone fixes it.
>
> Aha. Well, should I file a pr or is it just one of those things that
> gets fixed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses lsof. :)

We don't normally file PR's over minor issues with -current (GNATS would
be swamped :-). You could probably contact the package maintainer, or
the lsof maintainer, and see what they say. In general, however, these
things just tend to get fixed: eventually, someone who knows enough
about the problem will come along and solve it.

--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+public@bjan.net> http://bjan.net