Subject: Re: tracking freebsd/openbsd pkg_add
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/2003 12:14:46
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > NetBSD packages are not bzip(2) files (yet).
>
> We do not make them by default, but if we do, it's a .tbz file.

Blush, I took that from the FreeBSD (and OpenBSD) pages, and blindly
read it as .tgz.  Sorry.  It could be a list of several choices (as
OpenBSD does now).  The next part has it right (from OpenBSD):

> > > 106,107c127,128
> > > < Any dependencies required by the installed package will be searched
> > > < in the same location that the original package was installed from.
> > > ---
> >
> > I don't think that is true. The PKG_PATH can list several locations.
>
> Yep. Seperate entries by ';'. But that's documented already.

Well, that's an original NetBSD sentence, not from [Free,Open]BSD
pages.  As you can see, I merely fixed the grammar.

So, it should say:
  in the same search path where the original package was found.

--
William Allen Simpson