Subject: Re: hardcoded prefix path in pkgtools/pkg_install
To: Douwe Kiela <virtus@wanadoo.nl>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/29/2003 19:25:15
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:47:03PM +0200, Douwe Kiela wrote:

> Yes, that's it! You're right.. I didn't copy the mk.conf.example but
> used one I made myself and I forgot that. Thanks..
>
> But that still doesn't solve the hardcoded, /usr/pkg is hardcoded in all the
> Makefiles
> in pkgtools/pkg_install and also in linkfarm.sh. Am I overlooking something
> again? :P

LOCALBASE is something which should be set right from the start and
not changed. it will be "hardcoded" into the pkg_install tools since the
tools need to know the full path to various other tools which are needed.

the mk files in pkgsrc/mk also have it "hardcoded" in the sense that
if LOCALBASE is undefined, it will default to /usr/pkg. we can't guess
LOCALBASE, so we need to provide some kind of default ;)

grant.