Subject: Re: certificate directory
To: Klaus Heinz <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/28/2003 22:46:49
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:41:45 +0200
Klaus Heinz <> wrote:

> Hi,
> are packages using SSL supposed to search for their certificates in
> ${SSLCERTS} (see security/openssl/buildlink2,mk) or in their private
> directories /usr/pkg/etc/*/certs?
> Although on NetBSD /etc/openssl/certs is outside of $LOCALBASE I think
> it's desirable to use one central place for certificates.

I think it's already implemented (looking in openssl/

.if defined(PKG_SYSCONFDIR.openssl)
SSLCERTS=               ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR.openssl}/certs
.elif ${OPSYS} == "NetBSD"
SSLCERTS=               /etc/openssl/certs
SSLCERTS=               ${PKG_SYSCONFBASE}/openssl/certs

Maybe would be better to have SSLCERTS as '?=' ?

Juan RP <juan AT xtraeme DOT UnixBSD DOT org>