Subject: Re: hardcoded prefix path in pkgtools/pkg_install
To: Douwe Kiela <virtus@wanadoo.nl>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/27/2003 21:28:05
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Douwe Kiela wrote:

> >Maybe add --localbase=/usr/local
> That doesn't work, --localbase != an argument to ./bootstrap.

I have used ./bootstrap many times. But I don't use it anymore (since I
don't use it to bootstrap my pkgsrc on my non-NetBSD systems which I use
pkgsrc on).

It used to have that option.

> My points is, /usr/pkg shouldn't be hardcoded in anywhere in pksrc, anywhere
> in pkgsrc.

I am not sure where. I use pkgsrc every day without /usr/pkg. I have done
so for 12 months now on several systems. And for a few months, I used the
bootstrap setup to install without using /usr/pkg. It used to not
be hard-coded but maybe it is now -- use grep and find it :)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/