Subject: Re: openldap probably has wrong config files directory
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/27/2003 12:38:22
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:27:48PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > -CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --sysconfdir=${PKG_SYSCONFBASE}
> > +CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --sysconfdir=${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}
>
> Nevermind this.
>
> It defines a ldap_subdir (as /openldap) which is automatically appended
> (unless using --without-subdir which also breaks share and libexec).
>
> Can I add this patch instead for a reminder for others?
>
>  PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR=     openldap
> +# XXX use PKG_SYSCONFBASE without PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR, because
> +# XXX openldap build automatically appends "/openldap"
>  CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --sysconfdir=${PKG_SYSCONFBASE}

You should try to remove the hardcoded /openldap subdirectory from the
code, so that you can use the sysconfdir stuff the right way (yes, I know
this can be difficult/annoying...).
As it is now, setting: PKG_SYSCONFDIR.openldap won't do what you expect
(you will get an extra subdirectory, which is ugly).

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>