Subject: samba3 pkgsrc/wip NetBSD kerberos status
To: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Murray Armfield <murray@river-styx.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/26/2003 02:43:26
Hello,
	Just a quick update on where I'm at...
	I have just committed a bare bones heimdal package to pkgsrc/wip which
only really provides a buildlink.mk file at this stage. I'm not going any
further with that file as I believe others are doing things. I thought it
a better temporary measure than changing your mit-krb5/buildlink.mk file.
	I have converted my samba3 patches to be NetBSD specific so other
platforms shouldn't get touched. samba3 builds and I am using the full
release (3.0.0) as of not so many hours ago. The build completes happily
but I won't be testing it for another 7 or 8 hours. When I have done some
basic testing, I will update samba3 in wip.
	The patches to correct behaviour on NetBSD are not the right way to do
things in the end, but we need the kerberos buildlink stuff before it can
all be done properly. At least this will give us a native NetBSD kerberos
build of samba3 without affecting other platforms and if you want to
change back to mit-krb5, you only need to comment out two or three lines
in the samba3 makefile.
	If all goes well and no one says anything, I will look at updating the
samba3 pkg in wip in about 12 hours.

Take care,
	Murray Armfield