Subject: pkgsrc paper and bioinformatics packages
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/25/2003 08:01:27
Just a quick follow-up for those interested.

First, a big thanks to those of you who have already commented on my
manuscript.  If you think of other issues, please continue to let me
know.

Second, we have finished our last bulk build against Tuesday's (2 days
ago) pkgsrc tree and have created three tarballs of the new packages:

     ftp://biology/pub/pkgsrc/update_packages.tgz
     ftp://biology/pub/pkgsrc/new_packages_standalone.tgz
     ftp://biology/pub/pkgsrc/new_packages_depends.tgz

The first is a set of 11 packages that already exist that need
updating to newer versions in order to support various other ones.
The second is a set of 52 new packages that either lack dependencies
or depend only on packages already within pkgsrc.  The third is a set
of 14 new packages with dependencies from within the set of new
packages.

Please enjoy and send any comments to us so we can improve the team
that put this together.

Also, I am in the process of submitting a grant proposal to continue
the project that funded this work.  If anyone feels they are in a
position to write a letter of support that would help document the
value of this type of activity, please contact me.  I am eager to
indicate to the funding agency that this work has value outside of
NMSU and that our contributions in this area are useful to others.

Thanks again for all your support and encouragement.

Happy packaging.

Cheers,
Brook