Subject: Re: recommendations for virus/worm scanning software?
To: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/25/2003 08:37:00
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 11:37  PM, Jukka Marin wrote:
>
> > What's the data path?
> >
> > network -> sendmail -> mail.local -> procmail -> spamassassin
> > ->procmail ->
> > file
>
> Essentially, though I use postfix and that calls procmail directly.
> procmail calls spamassassin which returns the message with its analysis
> inserted into the headers.  procmail finishes the delivery process.
>
> > or...?  Is it possible to configure sendmail to feed the messages
> > directly
> > to spamd (is that what it's for?) and then to procmail and file?
>
> Idunno.  Try milter?  AFAICT, postfix can't.  Some of the other MTAs
> might, like exim.

	pkgsrc/mail/exim-exiscan does exactly this - it can be setup to
	pass messages to spamd just before telling the other end it was
	accepted. This allows you to reject the message - so its not
	your server's job to send any non delivery reports :)

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --