Subject: Re: Stability freeze?
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Julien Letessier <mezis@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/24/2003 22:21:18
On Sep 24, 2003, at 18:20, Alistair Crooks  was heard saying:

> The idea behind the freeze is so that we can get a good branch for pkgsrc
> (we've tagged pkgsrc in the past, but moved to cvs branches, starting with
> NetBSD 1.6 release, since the ability to pullup security fixes to a branch
> was decided to be a good thing to have, and also some fixes for the slower
> architectures are sometimes needed, but can only be determined after a bulk
> build on that architecture, hence a branch is so much better than a tag).

Pheew. Hopefully someday Subversion will be good enough to replace CVS... Then
all of this will get way simpler :)

(just a troll).

Cheers,
--
Julien T. Letessier                      http://www.mezis.net/
NetBSD developer - Packages collection   http://www.pkgsrc.org/

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail & vCards

Key fingerprint = F1A3 C564 09FE 07A6 0327  7474 0F9F 5594 F657 9673