Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/bmake
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/24/2003 08:24:09
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:44:35 -0700 (PDT), "Jeremy C. Reed" writes:
>Can you just force it to always install file and a

Yep.  You can give it:

to have it make copies of the system's and bsd.* - for that purpose.
You can use =ln too to make symlinks but that would probably be a bad
idea in this case.

Note that we cannot install a if we don't have one to install.
We could do a generic for that purpose though.

>(What are the problems with this?)

Not much - but when using a copy of the system's it is unwise
to use say as, its better to use all of the system's
bsd.*.mk as a set.

So, the result of install-mk will still vary from one OS to another.