Subject: Re: Python 2.3 issue again.
To: Julien Letessier <mezis@NetBSD.org>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/24/2003 15:28:04
> The problem with Python is that it behaves differently on Darwin and
> MacOS X (the MacOS version builds Carbon stuff)... Besides, it won't
> build a shared library, only a Python framework.

?? Do you mean it doesn't build libpython* at all ? This could be handled
with the PLIST.

> I'm moving this to tech-pkg because I need advice:
> - do we wan't Python to build MacOS-specific stuff ?

Why not? But IMHO this should be an extra pkg. (Like Michal proposed, eg.
py-carbon)

> - do we really want a Python lib and/or a Python.framework (which needs
> to be installed in a specific location, where it'll possibly conflict
> with something else) ?

I know next to nothing about Darwin/OSX, but maybe we could use a similiar
approach to xpgwedge/x11-links for OSX ?

cheers,
Marc