Subject: Re: I want X clients to install under X11BASE
To: None <>
From: Alan Barrett <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/24/2003 11:54:48
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > I'd like my X clients to all install under X11BASE (which is /usr/X11R6).
> We don't support this in pkgsrc since we decided '/usr/X11R6 is part
> of the base system, and we do not want additional files there'.

It used to be the case that, by default, pkgsrc would install (some?)
X11 applications under ${X11BASE} (/usr/X11R6).  I don't like that, so I
always use xpkgwedge to make pkgsrc use ${LOCALBASE} (/usr/pkg) instead.

Has that behaviour changed recently?  Is the equivalent of xpkgwedge
now the default?

--apb (Alan Barrett)