Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/bmake
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/24/2003 00:05:21
>> I hope so. I'll talk to Simon and see if we can't merge the mk-files
>> from bootstrap-pkgsrc. that will help with keeping bmake up-to-date in
>> bootstrap-pkgsrc, too.

>Two files that I need to have in a package are and (or
>maybe pkgsrc/mk/ should optionally use
>probably should be part of mk-files or bmake. (bmake should have a pmake
>symlink too since other vendors provide NetBSD's make named as "pmake".)

mk-files provides a number of candidates, and install-mk installs
one if it can.  It also links to if its a non-BSD system.
The boot-strap script that comes with resent bmake's uses mk/install-mk
to do the dirty work.

I think bootstrap-pkgsrc has's for some platforms that
mk-files does not - that should be fixed (by me ;-)
If there's anything else you think is missing - let me know.

As to pmake link - if you have a patch to do so - pass it on, or feel
free to commit it.