Subject: Stability freeze?
To: None <>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/23/2003 16:56:15

in another message, I read about a stability freeze for pkgsrc.
Apparently, this is not the first pkgsrc freeze. IMO, an
announcement of scheduled freezes on tech-pkg would be very

For instance, I'd like to wait for the end of a freeze period
before updating pkgsrc. Knowing that there will be a stability
freeze in the near future would be a good reason not to
update pkgsrc *now*.

Also, tagging pkgsrc at the end of this freeze would be helpful.
Or are these always identical to the netbsd-* tags?

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH       ++49 3641 200-147
PGP: 0x7B3B5661  213C 828E 0C92 16B5  05D0 4D5B A324 EC04