Subject: Re: kerberos buildlink file
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/23/2003 10:28:08
"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:

>security/kth-krb4/buildlink2.mk
>
>Or
>
>wip/mit-krb5/buildlink2.mk (if you use pkgsrc-wip)

We need a bit more than that to deal with Heimdal vs. MIT and native
vs. pkgsrc.  We also need to deal with GSSAPI separately, since
some operating systems, e.g. Solaris 9, provide GSSAPI only with
no Kerberos 5 interfaces and hence must be treated differently.
Some packages require the Kerberos 5 interfaces to build, and they
should be called out separately so that they can depend on either
heimdal or mit-krb5 being installed whereas others can build with
just GSSAPI and so do not need that.

I've been looking into this over the last few days since I'm using
Solaris 8/9 at work.  I should be able to allocate time to do something
about it in the next week and a half.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/