Subject: Re: Solaris specific package patches
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/23/2003 14:55:29
* On 2003-09-23 at 05:34 BST, grant beattie wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 07:01:40PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>
> > I keep seeing the following patch appear on many packages. I
> > think that we could follow a more generic approach, rather than
> > patching each package individually? Is there a way to do this?
>
> agreed - I have some similar changes in my local tree for things
> like this. I'll get them in when the stability freeze is over.

[ Sheepishly entering the conversation after being the person ]
[ spamming the PR database with these patches :-) ]

Neat.  I was thinking about this on the way home last night a bit,
but if you already have a solution then that's great.

I have about another 500 or so (a guess, but I reckon the actual
number isn't far off) of Solaris or general portability fixes, so I
can hold off on these for a bit and just stick to the other compiler
fixes.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                         <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>