Subject: perl build waiting for input at site-specific manual pages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/22/2003 18:01:35
Building pkgsrc/lang/perl5 would wait for manual input at the
site-specific manual pages step in Configure.

 System manual is in /usr/man/man1.
 Where do the main Perl5 manual pages (source) go? (~name ok) [none]
 Where do the site-specific manual pages (source) go? (~name ok)

As you can see the main manual pages defaulted to "none".

My workaround was to add to pkgsrc/lang/perl5/Makefile:

  CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        -Dman1dir="${PREFIX}/man/man1"

Is it okay if that is added?

This is under Linux with LOCALBASE=/usr. I have built perl a few times
like this, but this is the first time on this particular system.

I don't really understand all this Configure and getfile steps.

(I blind-carbon-copied this to perl package maintainer.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/