Subject: Re: man pages, compressed with .gz, not in PLIST
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/22/2003 17:51:29
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I see "Compressing manual pages for ..." and my man pages are gzipped.

> Any idea why it would have ".gz.gz"?
>
> My MANZ is 1 and MANCOMPRESSED appears to be empty.

I had some extra mk files in /usr/share/mk. One had MANZ=1 and I removed
those extra files and now MANZ is 0.

It works correctly now. It doesn't not gzip the man pages. And the PLISTs
are correct.

Can someone explain this MANZ?

What if I do want the man pages gzipped?

My _OPSYS_HAS_MANZ defaults to "no". Maybe that's why the it was broken
before -- I guess the _MANZ_NAWK_CMD is broken.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. Also those bogus mk files caused my OBJECT_FMT to be a.out so I had
to fix several +BUILD_INFO files.