Subject: Re: wip/py-game on NetBSD 1.6.1
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2003 20:45:36
Jaromir Dolecek [Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 08:40:57PM +0200]:
> > wip/py-game does not compile on -stable, because procedure "poll" declared
> > in src/event.c of pygame is also declared in /usr/include/poll.h, which is
> > included by pth.h .
> >
> > Any ideas for patches? I have changed the name of the procedure and py-game
> > compiled just okay... but I guess this is far from being correct.
>
> I think this is correct fix. Better to not have functions with
> same name as some standard function.

Well, it's inside a Python module (in Python it can be called as
modulename.functionname, so there is absolutley no namespace conflicts) -

Software depending on py-game will need patching in case it uses function
"poll" directly. Anyway, I have run about 3 different pygame-dependent
packages and they all run ok.

--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
Noise to meet you.