Subject: Re: recommendations for virus/worm scanning software?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2003 19:43:23

> BTW, does this work if I use fetchmail to fetch my mail? I thought that
> fetchmail connected to the local MTA using SMTP (in this case, postfix) so
> that the rules could take effect.

Fetchmail (usually) connects using POP3, then either feeds the mail into
port 25 on thge local system, or directly invokes procmail.

The problem is that you have to download the entire mail item first
(I had 30MB of viral mail at 7am, having cleared it at 10pm).
One option is to get fetchmail to flush big messages without actually
fetching them:

$ fetchmail -l 140000 -F

seems to do the trick (after reading the source).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk