Subject: Re: pkg depends
To: Nicholas Ricketts <nightshade@phreaker.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2003 03:02:58
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Nicholas Ricketts wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to check each package and make sure that
> all packages required by that package(dependancies) are installed. I see
> that "pkg_info -an" will show all required packages for each package but
> not sure how to make sure that they are installed. Any ideas??

For pkgsrc, you can use the install-depends target to, well, install all
pkgs that a given pkgs needs. For binary pkgs, if you just pkg_add it,
it'll take care to install the required pkgs to, or fail if that's not
possible. For any installed pkg, you cannot uninstall any of the needed
pkgs. Dunno if that's what  you were asking for, but that's how the
NetBSD pkg system works. :)

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/