Subject: Re: recommendations for virus/worm scanning software?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/20/2003 09:46:05
On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 05:22  AM, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Is there any way of blocking this crap _before_ it enters our server?

Not really.  I have some RBLs listed in postfix which block it before
it's saved on my computer.  This returns an error 554 before the
message is completely delivered.

> Is spamassassin good?

spamassassin is *better* than sliced bread.  In the typical week it
blocks about 200 out of 201 spams, and I haven't encountered a false
positive yet.

When you set up procmail right, spamassassin-detected messages will
appear to bounce from MAILER-DAEMON with the "user unknown" error.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of my config files.

   -- MW