Subject: Re: mgetty package
To: Stephane Fortier <sfortier@wishbone-tech.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/2003 18:15:52
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Stephane Fortier wrote:

> I updated the mgetty+sendfax package.
> This is the first time I do this so it might be buggy... anyway, it
> compiles, installs and runs.

Well, that's certainly important. ;-)

It's hard to see what changed... Would you mind very much pulling a
single patch and submitting it in a problem report? You can pull the
patch like this:

    cd /usr/pkgsrc/comms/mgetty+sendfax
    cvs -Qf diff -N -u > ~/mgetty.diff

(Even if you didn't use CVS to get pkgsrc, some variation of that
should work, as long as you have the "CVS" directories in your pkgsrc.)

You file a problem report with "send-pr". Just typing "send-pr"  will
open "vi" on a template (which you then are expected to complete). The
simplest way to append that diff into your problem report is ":r
~/mgetty.diff" from within "vi", but there are other ways. The problem
report is then mailed to gnats-bugs. If you don't have sendmail set up
at all, you can copy/paste the diff into the web form:

    http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd

There's more on the problem report system at

   http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html

(It's not much to look at, but it's what we have...).

Also, a perfect problem report will have a short explanation of what
bug(s) the update fixes, or what feature(s) it add(s) -- usually, an
excerpt from the "ChangeLog". Thanks very much.

Frederick