Subject: mplayer/p5-perl-headers problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/2003 10:28:49
I am getting the following error when trying to build mplayer on 1.6ZC of
09/19/2003.

===> Required package p5-perl-headers-1.6ZC: NOT found
===> Verifying package for ../../devel/p5-perl-headers
===> *** No /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/pkg-vulnerabilities file found,
===> *** skipping vulnerability checks. To fix, install
===> *** the pkgsrc/security/audit-packages package and run
===> *** '/usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list'.
===> Extracting for p5-perl-headers-1.6ZC
===> Required installed package perl>=5.0: perl-5.6.1nb9 found
/usr/pkgsrc/distfiles//yes.gz: No such file or directory
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/p5-perl-headers
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/p5-perl-headers
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/audio/nas
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/audio/nas
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mplayer

In examining devel/p5-perl-headers, it seems that there it uses the OS version
for the package name. I changed the Makefile to use a fixed package name but
that did not fix the issue. In examing the Makefile more, it seems that there
are some other issues. For whatever reason, it is trying to download yes.gz. I
am not sure what the issue is but something is wrong. Does anyone have any
ideas? I pulled up a pr about mplayer itself but the issues seemed to be mostly
fixed.

Bryan