Subject: Re: qt3-tools build failure
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/2003 10:28:25
	From:  Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
	Date:  Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:18:38 +1000

> But there's no mention of "fontconfig" in the link like for
> ../../../bin/uic:

OK maybe the problem is related to:

RCS file: /src/cvs/netbsd/pkgsrc/fonts/fontconfig/Makefile,v
Working file: Makefile
head: 1.15
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
        netbsd-1-6-1: 1.5.0.2
        netbsd-1-6-1-base: 1.5
        pkgsrc-base: 1.1.1.1
        TNF: 1.1.1
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 16;    selected revisions: 16
	[...]
----------------------------
revision 1.14
date: 2003/08/31 19:19:12;  author: wiz;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -12
Update to 2.2.1.
Lots more documentation installed, fontconfig-config replaced
with pkgconfig file.
	[...]

Maybe these packages need / were using  fontconfig-config to add the relevant
bit to the link commands.  It certainly looks like the Xft2 configure wants to
use fontconfig-config.   Actually the problem is likely to be that although
fontconfig has been updated to the 2.2.1 version of fcpackage, Xft2 is still
using the 2.1 version.  Looks like Xft2 needs an update.

> Also, is it a concern that libXft.so.2.0 doesn't have any symbols?

Well I was slightly concerned when I noticed that on my system last night, but
that is a working system with builds that predate this problem.

cheers
mark