Subject: Re: msmtp pkgsrc entry for testing
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/18/2003 08:54:37
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:47:39PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
[...]
> > Since it needs OpenSSL, it should be added as a dependency (through
> buildlink2).
>
> I added the following to the Makefile:
>
> .include "../../security/openssl/buildlink2.mk"
>
> Should that cause it to build OpenSSL? I was only able to cause OpenSSL to be
> built by putting the following in the Makefile:
>
> DEPENDS+= openssl:../../security/openssl
>
> Should I add both of these? Thank you for your help.

Only the buildlink2.mk include is needed. If you have a look at that file,
you will see that it is clever enough to detect if the system you're
compiling on already has the library.

On NetBSD and most Linux, it will use the one in base, but that might not
be the case for other systems.

Quentin Garnier.