Subject: Re: msmtp pkgsrc entry for testing
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/18/2003 08:25:39
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:05:50PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> Sorry about that. I forgot to include the URL. Here it is:
>
> http://www.bsdjournal.net/msmtp.tar.gz
>
> I just put together a pkgsrc entry for msmtp, a SMTP plugin for MUAs. Could some
> of you take a look at it and see if it seems to work for you or at least build?.
> Thank you.

Compiles fine on a -current from mid-June and (surprisingly) on Linux, though you
might want to be more careful about the system it is compiled on. Remember that
pkgsrc is not meant only for NetBSD :-)

Apart from that, be sure to add the $NetBSD$ tags in the Makefile and in the
patch file (hint: pkglint), and setting PKGNAME to ${DISTNAME} is not
necessary since it is the default.

Since it needs OpenSSL, it should be added as a dependency (through buildlink2).

You might be interested in pkgsrc-wip. http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/

Quentin Garnier.