Subject: Re: pkgsrc/i386 bulk build results 2003-09-15 (fwd)
To: Dan McMahill <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/2003 11:57:11
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:19:54 -0400
Dan McMahill <> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:19:04 +0200 (MEST)
> Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:
> > graphics/transcode:     build broken	1    	(jmmv,
> >
> This is because two conflicting packages are in the flattened
> dependencies for this package.  Both nasm and nasm-devel are depended
> upon and they conflict with each other.

Why do we keep two different versions of nasm?  I have hit the problem you describe
lots of times when building packages without the bulk build infrastructure.
Couldn't we simply have nasm, updated to nasm-devel's version?  I only have the
later installed and haven't seen problems so far.  And it is more complete (all
rdf utilities, info documentation, html manual...)

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -