Subject: Ant package
To: None <>
From: Mahesh Chittur <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/16/2003 18:37:28
I was trying to make package for argouml-0.14. In order to compile the
argouml-0.14, i need the apache-ant package. But, the package present under
NetBSD does not contain the jar file, (optional.jar) which is needed for the
compilation of argouml-0.14. In order to build optional.jar file in
apache-ant. I need few other packages like jdepends, junit, etc...

My problem starts here:-
In order to compile jdepends, junit. i need apache-ant to compile these
package. And in order to make ant to have full functionalities, i need
packages junit, jdepends. It a circular dependency.

i need suggestion or comments regarding breaking apache-ant into two
packages. so that, one package would contain the base package, and other
would contain the addtional jar files.

In ant binary distribution, i noticed that it gives many jar file. But why
ant package in NetBSD make only one jar file. Not others, though many
programs use it for compilation.

Get Married! Search
from 7 lakh Brides & Grooms.