Subject: Ant package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mahesh Chittur <dataduplex@hotmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/16/2003 18:37:28
Hi,
I was trying to make package for argouml-0.14. In order to compile the
argouml-0.14, i need the apache-ant package. But, the package present under
NetBSD does not contain the jar file, (optional.jar) which is needed for the
compilation of argouml-0.14. In order to build optional.jar file in
apache-ant. I need few other packages like jdepends, junit, etc...

My problem starts here:-
In order to compile jdepends, junit. i need apache-ant to compile these
package. And in order to make ant to have full functionalities, i need
packages junit, jdepends. It a circular dependency.

i need suggestion or comments regarding breaking apache-ant into two
packages. so that, one package would contain the base package, and other
would contain the addtional jar files.

In ant binary distribution, i noticed that it gives many jar file. But why
ant package in NetBSD make only one jar file. Not others, though many
programs use it for compilation.

Get Married!  http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?74 Search
from 7 lakh Brides & Grooms.