Subject: Re: pkg_install/libnbcompat on OpenBSD
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2003 22:05:37
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

> > 	it seems that pkgtools/libnbcompat and libnbcompat included in
> > 	pkgtools/pkg_install does not compile on OpenBSD 3.4/i386 (ELF),
> > 	due to some differences in evaluating expanded __weak_alias().
> > 	do we really need __weak_alias in libnbcompat?
>
> 	another thing i noticed when i tried pkgsrc on OpenBSD 3.4/i386:
>
> 	- OBJECT_FMT is not defined (where should it be defined?)

It's defined in /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk on NetBSD. Perhaps a clause
could go in ...pkgsrc/mk/bsd.prefs.mk for OpenBSD, either just before
or just after the inclusion of <bsd.own.mk>. Do you know offhand what
platforms, besides m68k, on OpenBSD are still a.out?

> 	- perl 5.8.0 exists in /usr/bin/perl, however, lang/perl5 do try to
> 	  build perl

I see you just changed the definition of ${PERL5} in
.../pkgsrc/mk/defs.OpenBSD.mk to "usr/bin/perl". I suspect this will
cause "pkgsrc" perl modules to install into the base system's perl
directories (unless the user overrides the definition). Is that what
you want? Where does OpenBSD ports install the perl modules?

Frederick