Subject: Re: bootstrap-pkgsrc tools updated
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2003 13:41:11
>> Also, I put bootstrap-pkgsrc on another Solaris8 machine last week and it
>> started installing everything as root:root.  My original Solaris8 pkgsrc box
>> installs everything as bin:bin.
> I'm not sure - is there any mention of 'root' or 'bin' in $prefix/share/mk/ ?

 Hmmm.  Why I have never looked there?  Yes, the root:root machine has lots of
references in share/mk/bsd.own.mk and sys.mk.  The bin:bin machine has the same
variables set to bin in bsd.own.mk, and nothing in sys.mk.

ROOT:ROOT:
   %grep -l root /usr/pkg/share/mk/*
   /usr/pkg/share/mk/bsd.own.mk
   /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk
   %grep BINGRP /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk
   BINGRP?=        root
   %grep BINGRP /usr/pkg/share/mk/bsd.own.mk
   BINGRP?=        root
   LIBGRP?=        ${BINGRP}

BIN:BIN:
   %grep -l root /usr/pkg/share/mk/*
   %grep BINGRP /usr/pkg/share/mk/sys.mk
   %grep BINGRP /usr/pkg/share/mk/bsd.own.mk
   BINGRP?=        bin
   LIBGRP?=        ${BINGRP}

> we should make the appropriate pkgs register themselves as being installed -

 I re-installed bmake on the bin:bin machine a lot, trying to do something
similar.  Several times I broke pkgsrc and had to build bmake stand-alone in
/usr/local/.  Perhaps I integrated some bad settings?