Subject: Re: bootstrap-pkgsrc tools updated
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2003 11:54:53
> I've just imported the latest versions of libnbcompat, mtree, pax,
> pkg_install and tnftp into bootstrap-pkgsrc for your enjoyment.

 When I install bootstap-pkgsrc on a new machine, most of those components
don't show up as installed packages.  How am I supposed to know when they get
out of date?

 Also, I put bootstrap-pkgsrc on another Solaris8 machine last week and it
started installing everything as root:root.  My original Solaris8 pkgsrc box
installs everything as bin:bin.  As far as I can tell, they are both configured
the same.  They have the same mk.conf.  How do I make the old one use root:root
like the new one?