Subject: Re: Where did ap2-php4 go? Was: ap2-php4 creates a buggy
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2003 11:43:56
> I believe the intent is to move it all to be named ap-*, with the
> appropriate PKG_APACHE_ACCEPTED setting in each Makefile.  See
> pkgsrc/mk/apache.mk for more details.  This would mirror the situation
> with Python packages in pkgsrc.
How should situtaions where the distfile differs for apache1/2 beeing
handled ? For example mod_python uses 2.7.x for apache 1.3 and 3.0.x for
apache2. But, 3.x is a "real" 3.x, AFAIK there will be no new 2.7.x.
Would it be better to not change our www/ap-python and add an ap2-python
(or ap-python3) or change ap-python to pick up the DISTFILE according to
the apache version being installed?

--
Marc Recht