Subject: Re: OS X pkgsrc fun
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2003 00:41:20
> I believe someone was working on libtool 1.5 integration, yes. don't
> let this stop you from identifying which fixes we need, though, as I
> don't know how far off we are from importing libtool 1.5.

OK, this turned out to be pretty simple. Just needed a slightly newer
version of the Darwin patches we already had.

> >         patch RPATH_FLAG into files. Since Darwin is the only
> >         _USE_RPATH=no platform, it would be a lot simpler to just kludge
> >         around the problem by setting  _OPSYS_RPATH_NAME to "-L" on
> >         Darwin and killing off _USE_RPATH. ?
>
> I agree that would probably make things easier to maintain.

This turned out to be less simple. I need to think about it some more.

> > This message was sent from evolution 1.4.4 built from pkgsrc on OS X.
> > :-)
>
> that is very cool. how many local hacks^wpatches did you need? ;-) and
> if so, we should get them in pkgsrc for all to enjoy!

I have patches to bzip2, libiconv, gettext-lib, glib2, libgnome,
libgnomeui, libgtop2, pango, Xft2, libgnomeprint, libgnomeprintui,
gnome-vfs2, gnome2-control-center, and gtk2, but they're all pretty
small. What is the right way to deal with them? File PRs? Mail to
tech-pkg/packages/ individual maintainers? Just commit?

And then, new packages for gal, gtkhtml, and evolution, but I have no
idea if they work on NetBSD 1.6 with pth or not...

-- Dan