Subject: Re: how to get pkg/22589 looked at or committed?
To: NetBSD Package Maintainers List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julian C. Dunn <lists@aquezada.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/2003 17:28:20
On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 15:58, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> > I've heard about pkgsrc-wip on SourceForge. Is that the generally
> > accepted starting point to go about submitting new packages? i.e.
> > getting it peer-reviewed first?
>
> Yes, that's the best starting point for submitting new packages for
> pkgsrc.  One of the primary benefits is that it makes the package
> immediately available for testing by the user community, and it allows
> you to field bug reports and fix the problems on your own or with the
> guidance of developers on the pkgsrc-wip mailing lists.

Cool. Okay, I will do just that. Perhaps we can just close the PR and
I'll refile it later since it pertains to an older version of
amavisd-new.

> BTW, "amavisd" is probably a better package name than "amavisd-new"
> when you add your package to pkgsrc-wip.

Yes, the nomenclature is very confusing, but there is still an unrelated
"amavisd" product that is being maintained, in addition to
"amavis-perl".

- Julian

--
[    Julian C. Dunn <jdunn@aquezada.com> * <julian@dreaming.org>    ]